Grant Application Tips
1. The intent is to jumpstart your project, get your idea off the ground or help you build a program further. It is not meant to be the sole source of funding for the program or project. If it is new, tell us where you intend to search for future resources or support.
2. The Process: the CNAMF Grants Committee reviews concept papers and invites selected churches or organizations to submit the full proposal. Full proposals are reviewed and grantees are selected.
6. Know your objective, how much it costs and how to evaluate your progress or success. a) What are your goals? How do your goals relate to CNAMF objectives as they pertain to Indian youth and leadership? b) Even if you do not know exact cost give your best estimate. Do your homework. c) How will you assess your progress? Surveys? Interviews?
7. Budget: we do not fund scholarships for individuals, salaries for staff or equipment. a) We’re interested in where other income may come from. b) Be as specific as possible.
3. If invited, full proposals are due by November 1.
4. We fund churches, faith-based organizations and Indian non-profits. You must have your 501(c) 3 in hand at time of application to be considered OR be eligible to submit under your church’s tax exempt status. Churches and faithbased organizations receive priority consideration.
8. Specifics matter: how many participants? Who is involved elders, leadership, or youth? Which tribes? Who are your partners? Where will the program or outreach happen?
9. If you don’t apply this year, think about next year! Letters of intent are due July 31 and if invited, full proposals due November 1.
5. Targeted projects: Native American youth and leadership. Be able to describe in detail how your project or initiative supports and empowers youth, fosters leadership development and training, and does so in a way that is culturally relevant to Indian communities. Your narrative is your chance to convey to the reviewers why your project matters and how it impacts your targeted audience
10. We want to be your partner!