GRANT SEEKERS UNITE!
Come join the Cook Native American Ministries Foundation (CNAMF) staff and friends as we share information about CNAMF’s Seed Grant opportunity and to learn more about the grant process.
Cook’s new Executive Director/CEO, TJ Hansell, will be on hand to share his expertise in the grant world and share insight into how the Cook Seed Grant program works. Mr. Hansell has extensive knowledge and experience working on grants at all levels of government (Federal, Tribal, State, Local), as a 501c3 non-profit, and even as a For-Profit corporation.
Here’s a list of some of the programs he has worked on:
- Department of Energy Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG): $2.4B in funds awarded
- Department of Energy – Better Buildings Neighborhood Program: awarded $500M in grants before moving to the Project Management side of the house where he traveled across the US to provide onsite support and monitoring
- Department of Housing and Urban Development – Indian Housing Block Grant (IHBG): maintained the software program that allocated $600M to the 562 Federally recognized Tribes at the time, provided technical assistance to Tribal govts to assist in understanding the process for IHBG, and worked to resolve questions on the formula itself
- Tribal Prop 202 (12% State Shared Revenue): awarded funding from Tribal govt, managed programs after award, and acted as the fiscal agent for non-profits that were awarded funds
- Arizona Department of Education: was the Director of Federal Monitoring for ADE that did onsite and desk reviews to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
Other programs: Community Development Block Grant, ACJC, Victims of Crime Act, Weatherization Assistance Program, US DOJ program, and many more.
Come prepared to leave with the basics of your Letter of Intent/Concept Paper completed before you leave the workshop. The goal is provide you with the information needed to have a successful application not only for Cook, but for other organizations you may apply to in the future.
Workshop is FREE and food will be provided. We hope to see you there.
DATE AND TIME
Friday- May 19, 2017
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM MST